The Pulsation Yoga Teacher Training and Yoga Studies programs begin on October 14, 2023 and run through April 14, 2024. For this upcoming training, we are spacing out weekends so that trainees have more time to read, absorb and practice between meetings. There are both required readings as well as recommended resources for the 2023-24 yoga training program. Below is a list of books to purchase prior to training. We welcome you to begin reading them if you would like to get a jump start. You can contact us for the weekly reading assignments.
Haven’t signed up for training yet? Contact us and let us know you are interested – we are accepting applications through October 12, 2023.
- The Yamas and Niyamas: Exploring Yoga’s Ethical Practice by Deborah Adele
- The Yoga Sutras of Patanjali by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- Bhagavad Gita: A New Translation by Stephen Mitchell
- The Heart of Yoga: Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar
- Yoga Resource Practice Manual by Darren Rhodes
- The Key Muscles of Yoga: Scientific Keys by Ray Long
- Yoga Sequencing: Designing Transformative Yoga Classes by Mark Stephens
- Myths of the Asanas: The Stories at the Heart of the Yoga Tradition by Alanna Kaivalya and Arjuna van der Kooij
In addition, we recommend the following resources for reference:
- Teaching Yoga Beyond the Poses: A Practical Workbook for Integrating Themes, Ideas and Inspiration Into Your Class by Sage Rountree and Alexandra DeSiato
- How Yoga Works by Geshe Michael Roach
- Yoga Anatomy by Leslie Kaminoff
- Light on Yoga: The Bible of Modern Yoga by B.K.S Iyengar
The books are not included in your tuition – all trainees should acquire these books prior to training. We do have some books available to borrow if need be, please contact us if need be.