Pulsation Yoga’s Teacher Training and Yoga Studies programs will be led by Alison Tseng (RYT 200, RYT 500, Anusara Elements) and Sandy Smith (E-RYT 200, RYT 500, YACEP), both graduates of the Pulsation Yoga 300 hour teacher training led by Kathy Simonik.
The Pulsation Yoga 200 Yoga Teacher Training program will be a wide-spectrum study, leaving you feeling well-rounded and prepared to teach the style of yoga you feel passionate about. Weekends will include lecture, practice, hands on training and discussion. Some weekends may include workshops. The topics covered include:
- History, Philosophy, and Practices
- The Subtle Body: Meditation and Chakras
- Asana and Studentship
- In the Anusara Tradition: the Universal Principles of Alignment, Kula (community), and Tantric Philosophy
- Anatomy as it Relates to Yoga
- Essence of a Great Teacher
- Putting a Class Together
- Modifications and Adjustments
- Developing Skills of a Teacher
- Teaching to Different Levels and Styles
- Teaching to Special Populations
- The Yogic Lifestyle: the Next Steps on Your Journey
Along with attending the weekends, you will be responsible for class observations, class assists, and completing homework consisting of reading, journaling, writing class plans. All trainees will also complete a 20 hour practicum, studying your individual interest area in yoga. We also offer a discount on class packages to all trainees to continue your yoga practice.